Office : Science Bldg. Ⅳ (제4공학관) 123호
Email : hwangjun.at.postech.ac.kr
Mailing address :
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
San 31, Hyoja-dong, Nam-gu, Pohang, Korea 790-784.
Office: +82 (54) 279-2246
Fax: +82 (54) 279-2299
Dr. Hwangjun Song received B.S. and M.S. degrees from Dept. Control and Instrumentation (EE), Seoul National University, Korea in 1990 and 1992, respectively. From 1992 to 1994, he served (full-time) in Korea army. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems at University of Southern California in 1999. From 2000 to 2005, he was an Assistant Professor/Vice Dean of Admission Affairs at Hongik University, Seoul, Korea. Since February, 2005, he has been with POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology), Korea.
His research interests include multimedia networking/communications, wired/wireless network protocols necessary to implement a functional real-time image/video application, multimedia signal processing (image/video/audio compression, digital signal processing), and network control system.
- Ph. D., Electrical Engineering-Systems, Univ. of Southern California, LA, CA, USA (May, 1999).
- M.S., Dept. of Control and Instrumentation (EE), Seoul National Univ., Seoul, Korea (Feb., 1992).
- B.S., Dept. of Control and Instrumentation (EE), Seoul National Univ., Seoul, Korea (Feb., 1990).
Professional & Work Experiences
- 2017-2018(2yrs) : Distinguished Lecturer, APSIPA (Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association)
- 2016-Present : Review Board member, National Research Foundation of Korea
- 2016-2017 : Vice President, Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
- 2015-2018 : Head, Dept. of CSE, POSTECH, Korea.
- 2011-2012: Courtesy Associate Professor at Univ. of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA. (on sabbatical leave)
- 2005-Present : Professor at CSE, POSTECH, Korea.
- 2004-2005 : Vice Dean of Admission Affairs at Hongik University, Seoul, Korea.
- 2000-2005 : Assistant Professor at EE, Hongik University, Seoul, Korea.
- 1995.9-1999.5 : Research Assistant, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- 1992.12-1994.12 : Full-time Military Service in Korea Army.
- 1990.3-1992.2 : Research Assistant in Nonlinear Control Lab., Seoul National University.
- Editorial board member
Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (2013~present )
Journal of Communications and Networks (associate editor of division III) (2013~2019 )
International Journal of Vehicular Technology (2006~2012).
- Guest Editor
Special Issue on “Network technologies for emerging broadband multimedia services” in the Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 2010.
Special Issue on “Wireless & Mobile networks” in the International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 2011.
내 마음의 첫번째 소프트웨어 : 거미집(去無執)이 무상(無常)의 바람에 매듭을 묶어 붙잡고자 하니, 하염없이 흔들릴 뿐…